In our 10-year history, WeCanRow DC has introduced the sport of sweep rowing to over 100 women navigating breast cancer survivorship from the Washington DC area. Our program begins with a Learn to Row Weekend experience designed to introduce participants to all aspects of sweep rowing – the rowing stroke, the boats and oars, and the boathouse, both on land and on the water.
WeCanRow DC Programs include:
- Annual Learn to Row Weekend at Capital Rowing Club, Anacostia Community Boathouse
- Novice sweep rowing at Capital Rowing Club, Anacostia Community Boathouse
- Summer/fall recreational and competitive rowing at Potomac Boat Club, Georgetown
- Winter conditioning at various locations in the DC area
- Weekend ventures to area regattas and other team building events Year-round support and fitness activities promoting breast cancer survivorship
- Healer’s Row, an afternoon introduction for family, friends, and practitioners
No prior knowledge of rowing is necessary for either our Learn to Row or Healer’s Row programs.
Through the joy of participation in a team sport, we aim to support our members as they
- Develop healthy and strong bodies
- Become active participants in their own recovery
- Assert control over their bodies
- Rediscover the joy of movement
- Contribute to a mutually empowering recovery team
We believe rowing is the ultimate team sport that also challenges each individual, and we believe You Can Row, too. To join us or request more information, please complete and submit the form below.
Request More Information About Our Programs